Friday, March 27, 2009

First Introduction/Information Meeting!


All Praise Be to God!
Brittany and I hosted our first Saipan YL meeting at The Aquarius Beach Tower this week to share the mission of Young Life and the vision we have for reaching teens on the island of Saipan. God brought 12 awesome community members to the meeting and all 12 responded to wanting to help Saipan YL on some level. At the end of the meeting, we handed out response cards asking the following questions:

-I am willing to learn more about the role of committee
-I am willing to learn more about the role of a volunteer leader.
-I am willing to learn more about being a friend of Young Life
-I feel that I need to pray before I make any decisions
-I do not feel led to contribute to Young Life at this time.

The responses blew us away!
9 of the 12 guests are interested in committee, 8/12 are interested in being a volunteer leader, 7/12 are interested in being a friend of Young Life!
What a blessing to see God place compassion for reaching youth on all 12 of the friends that attended! We are blessed and excited to take the next step of pursuing more adults on island and meeting together as a YL team. Please continue to pray for more people! 

"The harvest is Plentiful but the workers are few." -Matthew 9

I want to thank all of you reading this that prayed for our meeting. I also want to thank Joel for helping with the video, Adina for helping us with the room, and Jen for helping us plan the night! Without your help it wouldn't have been a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment